Community Energy Champions and Energy Advice Sessions
Drop-in energy advice clinics in Mid Devon
Fishtank Café/Foodbank, Crediton Congregational Church, 98 High St, EX17 3LF.
1st Tuesday every month, 10.00hrs – 12.00hrs.
St Andrews coffee morning, Community Centre, Pye Corner, EX15 1JX. Last Friday every month, 10.00hrs – 12.00hrs.
CHAT Office (Churches Housing Action Team), Phoenix Lane, EX16 6LU
2nd Tuesday every month, 10.00hrs – 12.00hrs.
Sunningmead Community Centre, Lazenby Road, Wilcombe, EX16 4AL
Quarterly on First Friday of month, (Nov 2022 and then Feb 2023) – 11.00hrs – 13.00hrs.
Community Energy Champions Training.
Exeter Community Energy has launched a Community Energy Champions project and are training up more local champions in Mid Devon to support their advice team. Community Energy Champion is initially a voluntary role, with training and support provided. Once trained, this can lead to part time work if desired. For this and other Energy Champion roles, please contact Tara Bowers on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 772 3617.
Healthy Homes for Wellbeing
The Exeter Community Energy project, Healthy Homes for Wellbeing, provides free energy and money saving advice to all residents and free LEAP home visits in Mid Devon for those who are eligible (and when it is safe to do so).
Their trained Home Energy Advisers give practical energy advice and support to the vulnerable and fuel poor, to help residents save money and stay warm in their homes.
- General advice
- In depth telephone advice assessments
- Home visits
- Drop-in energy advice clinics
- Energy Cafes
- Talks and Webinars
They can help you with:
- tariff checks and supplier switching
- applying for the Warm Home Discount
- registering for Priority Services Register
- energy and water saving tips and advice
- grants for insulation and heating
- heating control advice
- smart meters
- referrals for help with benefits and debts
Need help for yourself or for a client?
- Email email@example.com or call Exeter Community Energy on 0800 772 3617.
- Check out their clinics, events and webinars. Pop along to a drop-in advice clinic, or register to attend one of our Energy cafes or webinars.
- To make a referral please use their online referral form
Sources: ECOE and Sustainable Tiverton.